Quick Tips on Buying Fire Pit Accessories
So, you've chosen the perfect fire pit and need some backyard accessories. We've got covers, screens, wood carts, tools, glass rocks, and more fun and functional accessories than you can shake a stick at.
1. You can't have a flame without fuel, and since most pits, bowls, and fireplaces prefer their wood dry it's a good idea to keep your logs stacked in a rack or covered. Check out our wide variety of wood racks & carts and protective covers!
2. While you're looking at covers for your wood you'll notice that there are a lot of covers as well - pick one up! If you don't protect it from the elements it won't work like new 5-10 years from now. Think ahead and keep that spark alive.
3. While you're protecting your fire pit and wood you should probably think about yourself as well, yeah? Tools and screens are must-haves. You don't want to get too close to the heat when adding some kindling and even a small singe is a big deal - get a poker! Screens will keep embers from popping out and not every model comes with one.
4. Upkeep isn't all about covering up your pit when it's not keeping you and your friends toasty. It's about cleaning. Brushes, shovels, tongs, and a quality stand to store them on are necessities for those who use burn wood. Propane and natural gas users, you get out of that, but you'll still want to give it a wipe-down and check your hoses and connections regularly.
5. There doesn't always have to be a shortage of chairs at a party or small get-together. Surround your pit with Adirondack chairs and hearth pads, which give you a reclined position for cozy relaxation.
6. Bugs are annoying. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Illuminate the dark corners of your yard and keep insects away from you and your friends with some decorative tiki torches and other patio accessories.
7. Add a little versatility to your setup. A stainless steel beverage cooler fits most bowls perfectly and makes a great place to pour ice and keep food and drinks chilled. You could say it puts the A/C in ACcessory ... but we won't.
8. Dress it up a little! Got a propane, natural gas, or other non-wood burning model? Well toss in some lava rocks, dazzling glass rocks, or realistic logs for that extra je nais se quoi.
9. Despite what you may have heard, cooking on a fire pit isn't impossible or ill-advised. With the right accessory, anything is possible. You'll find products in our wide selection that'll let you to turn your pit into a fully functioning grill!
Fire Pit Accessories