1. When it comes to creating memorable outdoor ambiance, no fire pit design can beat an outdoor fireplace. But what aspect do you most wish to bring to your backyard or patio? Is it the rising chimney or the intricately designed doors that opens to a tamed flame? Whatever aspect you love, there's a perfect one here for you.
2. Location, location, location! Always have a space in mind for where it will go and know how much space you'll need to accommodate it, a few chairs, some distance from the heat, etc. Once you have a figure written down, browse our selection according to width.
3. Know the difference between an outdoor fireplace and a chiminea. The difference is portability. Chimineas have all the ambiance and style of a fireplace but are much smaller which makes them easy to store and easy to move from one even to another. If that sounds more like what you're looking for then keep an eye out for that word: chiminea.
4. When it comes to a design chances are good that you're looking for something that's wood-burning - and that's what most models are. But if you're looking for something that uses gel/ethanol or maybe even propane, you need only check the box on the left that suits your needs.
5. The craftsmanship of any outdoor piece is incredibly important, especially for a decorative piece such as this. Read the item description and bullet points carefully. Look for words like "durable" and "all-weather" or just look at the warranty information. A longer warranty speaks volumes about the amount of confidence a manufacturer has in the material workmanship.
6. If you have a particular look in mind, maybe the glimmer of copper or the modern appeal of glass, then check the appropriate box in the material section left to narrow the selection to what you're really looking for.
7. Pay close attention to the functionality. Many have variable speeds and temperature controls so you may customize your comfort. Read the efficiency rating, which will help you save on fuel costs.
8. What's included? Not every model will prepare you to carry the fire, so to speak. Items like domes, screens, pokers, etc. may not come standard on all units and if it doesn't on the one you love most, then be sure to peruse our accessories so you have everything you need.
9. We know the customer is always right, so read what others like you have to say about purchases they have made. It could be just what you need to hear when making that important final decision, so always scroll down for customer reviews.
10. Stay within a budget. Products can be organized according to price range in increments of $100 dollars or important categories like New Product, On Sale, or Gift Ideas!
"Thank you, Doug, for your personal email. We purchased the firepit through your website because you had the best price - and a very attractive and well done website. We obviously made the right choice. We look forward to receiving the firepit :)
Bob and DeDee"